- Jul 28 | Bio-IT World | Bio-IT World has announced the 2021 Innovative Practices Awards winners. Grand prize awards were granted to Duke Cancer Institute with University of California, San Francisco, Micronoma, and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. Pure Storage and the Folding@home project received honorable mention recognition. All four groups will be presenting their projects at the 2021 Bio-IT World Conference & Expo in Boston in September. More
- Jul 27 | Bio-IT World | The National Institutes of Health has made a five-year, nearly $80 million commitment to the establishment of a Mendelian Genomics Research Consortium of five clinical laboratories and one data coordinating center. The Consortium will build on previous National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) work to develop new methods for identifying the genetic causes of single-gene diseases. More
- Jul 23 | Bio-IT World | The board members of both Sema4 and CM Life Sciences voted this week to approve the special purpose acquisition company. The resulting combined company, Sema4 Holdings Corp, will commence trading of its shares of common stock and warrants on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbols "SMFR" and “SMFRW” today or Monday. More
- Jul 22 | Bio-IT World | DeepMind and the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) today unveiled the most complete and accurate database of predicted protein structure models for the human proteome. The database includes about 350,000 protein structures and will be freely and openly available to the scientific community. More
- Jul 20 | Bio-IT World | Pacific Biosciences announced this morning that it has signed a definitive merger agreement under which it will acquire Omniome, a San Diego-based company developing a highly differentiated, proprietary short-read sequencing platform capable of delivering high accuracy. More
- Jul 20 | Bio-IT World | Bill Leister, Pfizer’s Senior Vice President of Advanced Analytics and Data Platforms & Learning and Development, discusses the pandemic, platforms, and Pfizer’s digital vision. More
- Jul 19 | Bio-IT World | Natural language processing can help the pharma industry assess the market potential of a new drug, as well as target patient populations more accurately for existing drugs. NLP is much faster than human processing and can standardize mass amounts of both qualitative and quantitative unstructured data quickly into usable information with actionable insights. More
- Jul 15 | Bio-IT World | Systemic chronic inflammation—a universally strong signal of ill health associated with all nine hallmarks of aging and diseases that collectively represent the leading causes of disability and mortality worldwide—can now be measured by an inflammatory clock of aging (iAge) developed by investigators at the Stanford University School of Medicine and the Buck Institute for Research on Aging. It is the first “actionable clock” that predicts multimorbidity, frailty, immunological health, and chronic diseases of aging. More
- Jul 13 | Bio-IT World | Strateos has launched its SmartLab Software which enables research organizations of any size to manage scientific workflows in-house while integrating automation with a modular, cloud-based software platform. More
- Jul 08 | Bio-IT World | In at least two, placebo-controlled randomized trials getting underway in the next year, participants will be purposefully infected with a strain of group A streptococcus (Strep A) causing acute pharyngitis (strep throat) in a human challenge test of candidate vaccines intended to confer protection. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!