- May 26 | Bio-IT World | Proscia launches an automated quality-control application that leverages artificial intelligence to improve drug development; an end-to-end software and data management package aids antibody discovery; ArisGlobal acquires BI’s analytic system; a data cloud is used for increased statistical analysis efficiency; new products from SCIEX and Dotmatics, and more. More
- May 25 | Bio-IT World| Funding for data protection and security platforms, autologous cell therapies, rapid DNA sequencing, and more. More
- May 24 | Bio-IT World | “I want to disabuse you of any illusion there exists black-box technologies where you can feed in data from multiple omics inputs and out comes interesting biology,” Shankar Subramaniam told the crowd in Boston earlier this month at the Bio-IT World Conference and Expo. “That’s a myth.” More
- May 24 | Bio-IT World | Dr. Kim Branson’s long-standing fascination with small molecule drug discovery and structural biology led to an established career in machine learning. After studying in Australia, Branson trained at Stanford and now works as the Senior Vice President and Global Head of AI/ML at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). In the latest episode of Bio-IT World’s Trends from the Trenches podcast, Branson and host, Stan Gloss, discuss machine learning, human genetics, functional genomics, and how each predicts various aspects of health. More
- May 19 | Bio-IT World | Benchling launched its AlphaFold beta feature today, designed to overcome challenges of implementation, computing power, and resourcing to make for ease of experimentation and integration with AlphaFold on the Benchling platform. More
- May 19 | Bio-IT World | The fast-growing Consortium for Outcome Measures and Biomarkers for Neurodevelopmental Disorders (COMBINEDBrain) represents patient advocacy organizations for individuals with rare, neurodevelopmental diseases who are disadvantaged by the small number of affected individuals and scientific brainpower to lead the way. More
- May 18 | Bio-IT World | A meta-analysis of new and previous genome-wide association studies (GWAS) has identified 75 genetic risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease (AD), 42 of which weren’t previously implicated. The investigation confirms the importance of two pathological brain phenomena that are currently pursued therapeutic targets and strengthens the case for having microglial cells join the hit list, according to Jean-Charles Lambert, research director at Inserm (National Institute of Health and Medical Research) based in Lille, France. More
- May 17 | Bio-IT World | Bio-IT World Conference & Expo panelists discussed how diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to the efficacy of precision medicine. Moderator Kevin Ileka, Bristol Myers Squibb Co., was joined by Adrian Coles, Bristol Myers Squibb Co.; Ari Berman, BioTeam Inc; Lori Lennon, Thinkubator Media; and Victoria Parker, NOBCChE. More
- May 13 | Bio-IT World | Chris Dagdigian wasn’t the only one reporting from the IT trenches last week. The Bio-IT World Conference & Expo’s annual Trends from the Trenches panel also featured three other BioTeam consultants: Adam Kraut, Michelle Bayly, and Anna Sowa. The three reported on their own observations in their capacities as BioTeam consultants: focusing on leadership trends, platform best practices, and AI. More
- May 12 | Bio-IT World | At Bio-IT World’s 20th anniversary event last week, Chris Dagdigian and friends from BioTeam, once again closed out programming with a rapid-fire look at the bio-IT landscape and an IT trends assessment—calling out what is working, what’s not, and how it’s all evolving. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Bio-IT World’s Trends from the Trenches podcast delivers your insider’s look at the science, technology, and executive trends driving the life sciences through conversations with industry leaders. BioTeam co-founder Stan Gloss brings years of industry experience in science, data, and technology to conversations exploring what is driving data and discovery, and what’s coming next.