- Jan 14 | Bio-IT World | Closing out the genomic presentations at the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference, Christian Henry, president and CEO of Pacific Biosciences, had the dual challenges of presenting PacBio’s year and future strategies as well as answering claims and announcements other companies made. He persevered. More
- Jan 13 | Bio-IT World | At the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference—being held virtually again this year—pharma and biotech companies gave overviews of their 2021 business and their views of the future. Here are the highlights we noted from presentations from Regeneron, 10X Genomics, and Invitae More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | Seqster announced today a multi-year partnership with The National Pancreas Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides hope for those suffering from pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer, to create the country’s largest, most inclusive pancreatic disease patient registry. The registry uses Seqster technology to connect to any EHR, genomic DNA test, and wearable/remote monitoring device, providing patients with a complete longitudinal health record in real-time. More
- Jan 11 | Bio-IT World | At the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference—being held virtually again this year—Illumina CEO Francis deSouza outlined Illumina’s record for 2021, announced several new partnerships, and teased new chemistry and new long read technologies. More
- Jan 10 | Bio-IT World | We spoke with several players in the Bio-IT World vendor community to gain insights and predictions for the coming year. They predicted newer ‘omics, green chemistry, SaaS medical devices, federated learning, XNAT, protein sequencing, and more. More
- Jan 06 | Bio-IT World | All new multiple myeloma patients being treated at the Tisch Cancer Institute at Mount Sinai are now being assigned to one of 12 subgroups based on shared genetic and molecular features of their disease. The multiple myeloma patient similarity network (MM-PSN) is one of the latest computational modeling tools being used here to translate clinical data into better treatment decision-making in the clinic, and the first to apply multiomics to the stratification of patients with the blood cancer. More
- Jan 05 | Bio-IT World | A large-scale study involving more than 2,000 individuals across three countries could help disentangle associations between cardiometabolic disease, the gut microbiome, and metabolic markers in the blood—and, perhaps most importantly, the potential role played by the most prescribed drug treatments. More
- Jan 03 | Bio-IT World | Data aggregation and consolidation are essential in biopharmaceutical development. Research teams use a wide range of analytical and sensor data from various instruments, which are often spread across multiple sites. These data streams need a common platform to allow scientists to review the data and make decisions. Excel is used to perform this consolidation in many companies, but while access to Excel is convenient, this software is the root cause of many data management problems. More
- Dec 28 | Bio-IT World | AI used in talent engagement and communication and in the development of therapeutic antibodies; women’s health, maternal health, and contraceptive technologies More
Top Stories of 2021: Efforts to Overcome Aging, High-Def Spatial Transcriptomics, an NIH Push to Cure HIV. And a Little More COVIDDec 27 | Bio-IT World | Some of our biggest stories of the year were about the promise to limit aging through epigenetic reprogramming, new inhibitors to prevent age-associated cognitive decline, and improved single-cell sequencing technologies. Of course interest in COVID-19 remained, and we went in depth on mRNA vaccines and talked digital transformation at Pfizer and GSK in this pandemic era. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!