- Jun 17 | Bio-IT World | As the life sciences industry seeks to manage—and fruitfully mine—more and more data, data harmonization is a bit of a nagging thorn. Snthesis launched this year, applying lessons learned from the Semantic Web to knowledge graphs for life sciences. More
- Jun 16 | Bio-IT World | An international team of researchers has come up with a new application for “molecular tweezers” originally developed to untangle the amyloid nanofibers found in the brain of patients with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. As it turns out, the tiny synthetic molecules may also be a way to prevent and treat bacterial infections like Staphylococcus aureus that have grown resistant to antibiotics More
- Jun 15 | Bio-IT World | Tilak Healthcare aims to combine video games with medical expertise so that the same vision monitoring tools that are reliable and useful for doctors will be playful and fun for users. If Tilak can achieve that, the company tools will be “sticky” enough to have a longstanding impact on the healthcare process for patients. More
- Jun 10 | Bio-IT World | The DNA Data Storage Alliance, an organization formed last year by Twist Bioscience Corporation, Illumina, and Western Digital together with Microsoft Research, has launched its website and released its first white paper, an introduction to DNA data storage, endorsed by 29 member organizations. More
- Jun 10 | Bio-IT World | What does it mean for a pharmaceutical company to be digital and how do we get there? That’s what Reza Olfati-Saber, PhD, Global Head AI & Deep Analytics, Digital & Data Science R&D, at Sanofi tackled yesterday at the DECODE: AI for Pharmaceuticals forum. More
- Jun 09 | Bio-IT World | At the DECODE: AI for Pharmaceuticals forum yesterday, Puneet Batra, director of machine learning at the Broad Institute, outlined the mission of the new Eric and Wendy Schmidt Center at the Broad: to position biology to drive the next era of computing. More
- Jun 08 | Bio-IT World | At the AWS Healthcare and Life Sciences symposium last week, several biotech, pharma, and genomics organizations presented their cloud-enabled workflows and highlighted how Amazon Web Services is enabling their research and efforts. More
- Jun 08 | Bio-IT World | Kicking off the DECODE: AI for Pharmaceuticals forum held virtually this week, speakers from big pharma discussed the cultural challenges required to become a data-driven business and how doing so might position us for the next horizon in personalized medicine. More
- Jun 03 | Bio-IT World | AI for gene therapy, gastrointestinal disease, and other indications, VAST Data’s disaggregation of hardware and software, targeting transcription factors as druggable regions, a new approach to sharing computational research, and more. More
- Jun 02 | Bio-IT World | With the FDA working at a record pace, how can life sciences companies keep up and effectively move through the drug development life cycle? Answer: A robust technology solution that enables granular tracking of spending and scale as the as the company rapidly grows and moves through the four main stages of drug development: start-up, IPO, clinical trials, and commercialization. More
Riffyn’s pioneering cloud system, Riffyn Nexus, delivers 2X faster development cycles and 4X productivity gains to the world’s most advanced scientific R&D organizations. Its process-centric experiment design, data capture, and
data analytics overcome the limitations of ELN and LIMS systems. Its adaptive data integration engine delivers results that are always ready for machine learning.
Read more here!
Digital Therapeutics: Taking digital health to a new level
Benchling is the most widely-adopted life sciences R&D cloud. Accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D – from discovery through bioprocessing – all in one place. It’s a fully unified platform that centralizes and standardizes all R&D data, so you can spend less time fighting with legacy software, and more time reaching breakthrough discoveries.
Read more here!